I suppose I’d better come clean. My recipe for the World’s Best Weight Loss Smoothie has not been voted on by the entire world. (LOL) As far as I’m concerned though? There is no question that this smoothie is the best I’ve ever tasted and the only one that’s ever helped me lose weight.
In six weeks I’ve lost 12 pounds. I’m super happy with that progress!
I make this smoothie every single day for lunch and I can tell you with all honesty that I’m never, ever hungry in the afternoon. I don’t snack at all now because my stomach is full and satisfied so I have zero afternoon cravings. If you knew me you’d understand what a big deal that is. 🙂
(I’ve included affiliate links to products I use below. Thanks so much for being cool with that.)
World’s Best Weight Loss Smoothie
Get out your blender (I’ll share the one I use at the end of this post), and add the following:
1. Banana (Sliced & Frozen): You can add other frozen fruits, but be sure you always start with a sliced, frozen banana. That’s what helps to make this smoothie so rich and thick. I slice them up, throw them on a plate in the freezer until they’re hard, and separate into serving size using freezer bags or containers.
Besides, potassium in bananas stimulate your muscles, nerves and brain cells, and can help reduce blood pressure and risk of stroke.
2. Baby Spinach: Keep a small bag in your refrigerator and put a big handful in each smoothie. Don’t worry – there is no taste. It has lots of iron, calcium, Vitamins A & C, and fiber.
3. Skim or 2% Milk: I add between 6 and 8 ounces. Want a quick tip? Take the glass you’re using for your smoothie and pour it 1/3 full with milk. That amount always works great for me.
4. Greek Yogurt: Two tablespoons is plenty. I only use The Greek Gods Greek Yogurt Honey Vanilla. Love this stuff.
5. Fit Miss Delight Protein Powder: ***This stuff is the magic ingredient in this weight loss smoothie. I think I have tried just about every protein powder you can imagine and I always felt like I’d just swallowed a mouth full of flavored chalk.
I read the reviews for Fit Miss Delight Protein Powder (Vanilla Chai is the one I use) and I wasn’t really sure I could believe them. They were glowing – almost too good. You know what I mean? I went for it and ordered it, not expecting it to be what everyone said it was, and I am SO GLAD I did.
TRUTH TIME: When I first open the container I can’t stand the smell. Just being honest. I find it terribly unpleasant.
But, don’t be put off because once it’s in your weight loss smoothie the smell disappears. The taste of the Vanilla Chai is amazing and it’s the magic in the smoothie.
As I said, it keeps me full all afternoon and I have zero cravings. You can use any protein powder you want, but I encourage you to at least try Fit Miss. If you click my links I’ll receive a small commission from Amazon (thank you), but no matter where you buy it, do yourself a favor and BUY IT!
Heck, maybe talk a friend into going halvsies with you on your first container.
Whir everything (except the frozen bananas) together until the spinach is just tiny little flecks of green. THIS is when you add your frozen bananas. I don’t like putting them in with everything else because I don’t want them to “melt” too quickly, so I wait to add them at the very last.
That’s it! The taste is incredible and it’s loaded with all sorts of good stuff. It’s the only weight loss meal replacement I have ever looked forward to having each day. (I just finished one a few minutes ago!)
Let me know how it goes for YOU!
Oh, and I use the Ninja Master Prep. I love this blender because the motor is on the top, and inside are two levels of blades. It’s a dream. To clean it I just put a drop of soap inside, turn it on to whir it with some hot water, and let it dry. The price is so great that I also sent one to my son in college! (Get it for less than $40 on Amazon.)
Pin it so you won’t forget!