There are few things as soothing as the sound of a slowly bubbling water fountain. And there’s no shortage of creative ideas for putting a low-cost and easy-to-install “water feature” in your yard. Take a look at 10 of our favorites!
1. This natural-looking Artesian Fountain is super-easy to maintain, and can be built for as little as $200!
2. Here’s a very Contemporary Garden fountain with a solar pump. Very Zen!
3. Add a serene Water Pot feature to your yard to create a perfect focal point.
4. If you’re willing to get a little more labor-intensive, and your taste for running water runs more “geyser” than “bubbler”, try this Disappearing Water fountain.
5. Water gently pouring over stacked River Rock? Sounds about perfect. This water feature can be built in a weekend, and enjoyed for years.
6. One of the most clever ideas we’ve seen, the “Tipped Over Watering Can” feature is as much fun to look upon as it is to listen to. Recirculating water assures this gardener’s can never goes empty!
7. We love the understated serenity of this Bamboo Fountain, which fits especially nicely into the compact spaces.
8. The Whiskey Barrel Fountain is super-sharp and very rustic. This beauty can be put together for less than $200!
9. The Tiered fountain is lovely to behold, and birds will enjoy it immensely.
10. Here’s a contemplative Gazing Ball fountain for that special corner of your garden.
What do you think? Ready to try installing your own DIY water fountain? All you need is a bit of creativity, and a day or two to put everything together. Best part – just about all of the fountains we featured can be built for less than $300!